Monday, April 12, 2010

Mik-mik Monday

DAY 8

Caused by insomnia, I slept at 1:00am last night. I woke up at 8, but since the start of the day, I didn’t feel fine. I had stomachache, so I was not in the mood to report (duty) to The Freeman. But no, I must not waste time. A stomachache is not as painful as a toothache, so I must go with the group.

Inside the jeep going to Rajah Park Hotel at Fuente Osmeña, my hands were dirtied with a black something, I don’t know what the source of it is. Another destruction to my day, ahh, kalagot jud!

We waited for half-hour before the press conference started. Pelaez and Espedidio, Lapu-lapu mayoralty and congressional candidates, respectively announced to the public through the press that they made a letter of complaint to the Comelec-Region 7 against the cheating scheme of the rival group. It was really a big issue that’s why we need to secure a document for it. But we explained to these politicians that we are not from Cebu that’s we we’re not familiar with those persons they are pointing to. Ok, so much for that issue.

With us were reporters from GMA, ABS-CBN, radio stations, and other interns from UP and CNU. Going back to the office, we have this intern from SunStar. She’s our new friend, her name is Alexia, a photojournalism intern. During the event, she also wrote because the writer, who was supposed to be with her, did not come. We talked about a lot of things while inside the vehicle.

When I, Ericson and Aby were inside the office, we felt the atmosphere of sleeping, (in short, mik2 jud sya). The room is cold, so sleeping is the best thing to do (if only allowed). But time’s running fast, we need to schedule and encode that big news first, before the resting session. But, I didn’t feel the interest and mood to write, my mind is not set on the words on the monitor.

But we still finished it. We waited for all our articles to be done edited. The air conditioner was blowing intensely. We screamed while sitting at the back. Until we found the glory when we got out from the office. The warm environment comforted us.

We ate rice with tocino, chorizo, siomai, etcetera for supper. I felt very tired so I slept directly after taking a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment