Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Stomach aching day

DAY 3

This is the third day of summer OJT life.

An extended gising started my day. It was only 7:30am, not that late. Breakfast courtesy of the people in the other room again, hehe, thanks ninyu!

While my co-interns were going out, I and Sheila waited for our senior to accompany us in the field while I was consuming two chocolates. But there was another important activity, so I was sent there together with a new senior writer, Ma’am Johanna who is at the same time working at DYSS/RGMA. This time, I’m a bubbly companion.

I follow her at Guadalupe, the biggest barangay in Cebu. The desk and guard instructed me to walk here and there, and ride until I’ll reach the gym. So I followed. I sat beside the driver to make sure that I’ll be in the place.

It took half hour to finally arrive at Guadalupe. I saw some local reporters from different papers and stations, and met more interns from Cebu. Of course, a free lunch waited, and whoh, free t-shirt and other informative stuffs. I was lucky!

We returned to the Freeman office and after one hour, Manny Villar (presidentiable) got inside. I knew at the morning that he will visit the office that is why we went immediately to the office from that event.

I finally met the man in orange, one of my admired people because of his rags-to-riches story. He stayed longer inside the conference room with the bosses of the company.

But I felt uncomfortable because aside from the aching stomach, the news editor asked about the fire incident which was assigned to me. Honestly, I’m not yet done with the other article, so I was pressured (hmmmn, murag true!)

I immediately called the fire station and asked for details. I cannot go to the exact location because it’s far.

Rushing for the 6:00pm deadline, I encoded and emailed the article to my senior. She added more facts and emailed it to the editor.

Later, copy ed Sir Joeberth (a native of Dgte) called my attention and asked me to narrate the story on Busay fire thingy. So I confidently told him (pa ‘as if’ ra gud!)

We stayed until all our articles were edited. We went home and right after eating, I rested, didn’t even join the group meeting, stayed inside the room, alone, texting, thinking of someone (chikka), released tears, and slept. Hahai, that was a dramatic moment.

Nevertheless, I’m still thankful for the day for I’ve explored a new place, received more freebies, and met Villar.

No comments:

Post a Comment