Thursday, April 8, 2010

One-stop leg

DAY 4

This is another exploration day.

I went out in shades (I acquired it last year, but felt shy to wear it in Dgte), in black t-shirt and “gusot” pants.

When I opened the newspaper, I was disappointed. Yesterday I wrote two stories, it is both published now, but my name only appears in one article. My senior reporter even asked why I’m not included, maybe the editor edited the first sent email, and not the second where my facts are written. Well, it’s okay nalang! The paper has come out, no more reprinting. Anyway, I’m not someone who has big position in the company. So it’s still okay, I have to accept.

Now go back to my news leg experience. With my very accommodating senior partner Ma’am Johanna, we went to the regional beats—the POEA, DTI, DFA, and DOLE. Different offices but they are clustered in one specific location.

In POEA, oh I saw many aspirants for abroad, like me. Everyday, this office is filled with many visitors from different parts of the Visayas. This is a busy avenue; the director is also busy attending the people, so we were not able to interview her.

Then next was the DTI. An intern welcomed us, but when we inquired to the desk, parang suplado/da at kitang-kita naman na busy sila, so we decided not to continue disturbing them.

Third stop was the DFA. Similar to POEA, this is a busy office also, or shall I say, busier than that. We were stopped by the lady guard at the entrance because we did not scheduled for an appointment, so it was a long inquiry from the head first if they will allow us to go upstairs.

For 20 minutes, we were permitted to interview the IO regarding the e-passport. Inside the DFA, when you look at to different corners, you won’t see vacant space. You will see the hopeless faces of people, who are in line since dawn or at early time.

Okay, so much for that. Then we went upstairs. Wow, we passed on a red carpet, until we reached the office. I saw a print that says “you are in a high security level here.” (Hoh, kahadlok sad ron, murag dih man sad tah kalihok! lolz)

We interviewed her. She explained us what e-passport is, its benefits, and anything about it including the number of applicants who avail of the system which became the angle of our story.

Down, we met an Arab. She asked if what we did upstairs. Ma’am Joh explained that for an interview. Then the lady who was with his Tagalog husband told her story to us. She was stopped by the immigration because of the expired passport. They were supposed to fly back to Saudi to attend the graduation of their child, but because of the problem, they find it impossible to go. But she explained something which I was not interested to listen to. I didn’t bother giving attention to it because wala lang, ayaw ko lang! Bahala sila, hahaha…

Last office was the DOLE near the Plaza Independencia and port. There, I met the very kind IO, Sir Efren Vito. He has a very, very nice attitude, one of the best interviewees. He offered us snacks, a peanut brittle from Baguio, and a complete copy of the information we are asking.

Before returning to the office, we stopped over the Lourdes statue in Metropolitan Cathedral. I didn’t notice that we are near the Freeman na pala. Haha, naglilibot lang pala kami, that’s what I discovered.

I encoded the facts and sent to it Ma’am Joh’s email for she needs to go to DYSS for an afternoon duty.

I went ahead of them [classmates] because I still need to visit my aunties, uncles and cousins at Sanciangko. I stopped at e-mall, auntie fetched me there. I saw my young and bugoy cousins again, and the only female, Alyssa (oh, she’s beautiful!). She and Alyanna are of the same age.

They walk with me back to the boarding house. And after seeing the place, they went home.

Our room is still locked because the key was with Sheilim, so I decided to go to the nearest internet café.

I returned and about to sleep, but brother Ericsson went inside the room, made noise, disturbed me, so my drowsiness vanished, and instead, I just took a shower.

I talked with Sheicatz for a while, and slept at pass 12 midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment